In order to make it easier to find all the various rules on this site, this page has been created. This page may not be edited by anyone other than staff, but if you have a question about a rule or think you have a reason why the rule should be changed you can post comments in the comment section.
- This wikia is for the Salem's Daughter comics by Zenescope, that means that it needs to focus on these comics. As a result the following is true or needs to be true if it isn't:
- No other comics should be on here unless they are part of mini series where characters from Salem's Daughter appear. If a character from Salem's Daughter appears in some other comic that is ongoing, only the specific story arc in which that character or characters is in should be included on this site.
- No character that does not appear in the comics is to have a page, this includes any important characters from other Zenescope comics who do not make an appearance. If a character from other Zenescope comics is mentioned, but not seen in the comics, they are still not allowed to have a page on this wikia. They are to be listed under the Mentioned But Not Seen page. The same holds true for locations, objects, and powers that fit this criteria.
Since comics are such a visual media this is a big one.
- Before we get into images from the comics, let's clarify something about non comic images.
- Noncomic images are only allowed in two places, the pages for the pages for the creative team and the pages for comicons. This isn't expected to be an issue, but just to make it clear. Noncomic images are not allowed on the pages for issues, characters, locations, objects, or powers.
- For images on the pages for the creative team, if they don't want images used, don't use them, but otherwise, make sure images there are related to them. You can use images from other projects they have worked on that are not Salem's Daughter related so long as these images are allowed to be used.
- Rules for images from the comics are as follows:
- Every issue has a preview section for posting previews of the comics. This is the only place fully colored, speech bubble added pages are allowed on the site, except maybe the letterer's page. The full pages must be used as a preview elsewhere such as on Zenescope's blog or facebook page, ComiXology's previews, or other places that have official previews from Zenescope.
- The rules for full penciled pages and fully colored pages that do not yet have the letters done are a little more lax. As long as the person who did the pencils, colors, or inks or someone from Zenescope posted them, they are allowed. In addition places where the original pages are sold are allowed if you get the images from them or if you own the original piece of art in question. These pages may not be cut down and can only be posted on the pages for the person who drew or colored or inked them and the page for the issue they come from.
- Original Salem's Daughter comic art is only allowed if the artist is someone who is part of the creative team for the comics and it is only allowed on the artist's page. This includes audition pages posted by the artists or colorist that got them the job as artist or colorist for an issue or issues.
- Covers are fair game for this site and should be posted in their entirety on the issue page and if cut down to only include one character may be used on the page of that character in that character's gallery.
- Comic images posted on pages for characters, locations, objects, and/or powers must be cut down so that they include only the relevant part of the panel. That means if you want a picture because it shows Anna using her powers and Braden is also in the picture, but not directly connected to Anna's use of her powers, you need to try and cut Braden out of the image. Of course if he is behind Anna and cutting him out would mean taking a cookie cutter to the image, leave him, but if he's on a different part of the panel, he should go.
- If you cut the speech bubbles out of the images by any means other than just chopping them off, this is, for the purpose of this site, considered fanart and not permitted in the regular galleries. This includes empty speech bubbles and speech bubbles that have been removed by covering them up by filling in the image with whatever they covered. Although, this does not include fully colored pages posted by the colorist, these are not allowed to be used on any pages other than the pages for the colorist or the preview section for the issue in question.
- Likewise, images that have been brightened or had color added are also considered fan are for the purpose of this site, and may not be used in the regular galleries.
- "Fan Art" images may be used on your personal user pages as much as you like so long as these images do not break some other rule.
Each page for something appearing in the comics will have a gallery. Here are a few rules to keep in mind when using these.
- Character Pages
- No more than four images of a character posted in their gallery per issue. In most cases no more than one or two images per issue. You can go up to four if the character completely changes their look, such as a glamour or if this is the only issue they are in.
- At least one image of the character from any issues they are in cannot be used on this site. The exception is if there is only one image of them for any given issue. In that case, the image should be used.
- If at all avoidable, no other character should be in the image with them. Cut the panel down to include only them.
- Location Pages
- No more than four images of a locations posted in its gallery per issue. In most cases no more than one or two images per issue. You can go up to four if the location completely changes its look, such as something destroying it or if this is the only issue they are in.
- At least one image of the location from any issues they are in cannot be used on this site. The exception is if there is only one image of them for any given issue. In that case, the image should be used.
- If at all avoidable, no other location should be in the image with them. Although this is not usually a problem, if it is for some reason, cut the panel down to include only them.
- Object Pages
- No more than four images of an object posted in its gallery per issue. In most cases no more than one or two images per issue. You can go up to four if the object completely changes its look, such as something destroyed it or if this is the only issue they are in.
- At least one image of the object from any issues they are in cannot be used on this site. The exception is if there is only one image of them for any given issue. In that case, the image should be used.
- If at all avoidable, no other object should be in the image with them. Cut the panel down to include only them.
- Power Pages
- No more than four images of a power posted in its gallery per issue. In most cases no more than one or two images per issue. You can go up to four if this is the only issue the power is in.
- At least one image of the power from any issues they are in cannot be used on this site. The exception is if there is only one image of it for any given issue. In that case, the image should be used.
- If at all avoidable, no other power should be in the image with them. Cut the panel down to include only it.
- Do not use bold except when it is a centered section title. If you think something needs to be emphasized in a paragraph, use italics.
- All lists need to be collapsible.
- Section titles need to be capitalized. Treat them like book titles and follow the rules of such.
- Do not capitalize powers except when they are in a list or they are the name of a page.
- Do not capitalize object names except when they are in a list or they are the name of a page.
- If you didn't make a template, don't change it. If you want to try something new, make your own template. Do not change the template used by a page without asking first. If a page does not use a template or you are making the page, this rule does not apply, but if there is a template for that type or page, use it until you have gotten permission from the staff to change the template being used. If you do not hear back from a staff member after a week, consider that as permission, but make sure you asked someplace they will see it.
- If you copy the code from another site, make sure you take out pieces that have no relevance to the comics. Make sure it fits guidelines for templates. If it doesn't fit the guidelines for templates, do not ask to use it for a page, fix it to fit them first.
- All templates must be collapsible. All sections except the last one should default to collapsed. The last one should only include info about the first and last issue the subject of the page appeared in (or worked on) and should default to uncollapsed, but collapsible.
- Templates need to blend in. Stick to colors that fit in with the color scheme of the site.
- The default size for images on a template needs to be 300px.
- These need to be short, no more than two paragraphs before you have the first section. Preferably limited to one or two sentences, but no more than six. These are to be used to tell people reading the page what the page is about in as few details as possible. These are not to include information such as when a character was born, other names for a power, or a history lesson about a location.
Information from other sites
- This is an absolute no. Unless you wrote what is on the other site, do not copy it here, not even for a short while. If it is something about the show and you aren't sure about the details, you may use another site as a guideline to find the info, but write it yourself.
- If a character has a name, that name, first and last, is used for their page name. Commonly used nicknames are used over lesser used full names. If they do not have a canon name, a short description is used, usually one that connects them to another character or to a location.
- If a location has a name, that name is used for their page name. If if doesn't, but it does have some sort of reference to it in the comics or on the show, the that reference is used as a name. If there still is not name for it, then a brief description is used as a name.
- If a object has a name then, then that name is used for the page name. If it does not have a name, but the characters reference it, then that name is used for the page name. If it still doesn't have a name, then a short description is used.
- If a power has a name, then that name is used for the page name. Nicknames for a power that are more commonly used by characters are used over official names. If it does not have a name, but is referenced in someway, that reference is used to create a "name" for it. If the power is never called anything or referenced in anyway by the characters then a short description, in English, is used for the page name.
- Although Salem's Daughter is original to the comics, there may be fanfics out there. With these fanfics may come fanon that is generally accepted by the fans. This is not allowed on this site except if it is clearly stated with the fanon that it is fanon. That means, fanon names for characters, for powers, for locations, for objects. If it is fan created, it needs to say it at least once in every paragraph where it is mentioned. It cannot be used in lists. It should be limited to the page that discusses whatever it is. It cannot be used for page names unless it is a strictly English description of something that has never been named or even referenced by any characters.
- Descriptions of what an object or power does must be strictly based on what we see in the comics. If a power is used on some other supernatural show that is similar to one on Salem's Daughter, do not assume that they are identical unless they have shown only the same properties. And even then, do not assume they have the same name.
This page is not a complete list of rules at present. There are other rules spread throughout the site. These will be located and added to this page. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.